Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pointillism Polished

This manicure was inspired by Pointillism artist, Georges Seurat.
I love the way a Seurat painting is filled with overlapping dots, so I decided to start a mini-series of Pointillism polished nails dedicated entirely in his honor. I painted these pretties using China Glaze For Audrey as my background color. Dots were added in CG White on White, and CG Liquid Leather. I also used striping brushes It's So Easy Stripe Rite in Pearl Violet and the LA Colors Art Deco in White and Sea Foam Green. When I finished dotting, I completed my look with a violet rhinestone on each nail to add a touch of flair!
I'm loving this manicure and the colors! I think my next Pointillism mani will be hot colors (reds, yellows, oranges) just to get a different feel. What do you think? 
I hope you enjoyed and are staying warm~it's pretty chilly and snowy here in Michigan. Happy Lacquering! =)

4 comments:

  1. Love this! I love anything with dots =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! i love that you're inspired by art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really love the addition of the gems - great effect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pointillism is the only thing I got out of art appreciation class! I just love that style of art! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete