Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Polish Addictions. To Cure or Not To Cure?


I'm an addict. I love to look at the bottles all lined up side by side on my racks, like colorful little soldiers, ready for beauty battle. My brain comes up with a million reasons why I need to make a "quick trip" to Sally's, just to get a polish shopping fix. When there's a package at the door and I know it's nail mail, rules like "don't run with scissors" and "use your indoor voices" become obsolete. The question is: should I find some way to stop this crazy nail polish frenzy?

Aside from the obvious reward (instant gratification of me holding polish victoriously before placing it on my very packed shelf), I also get to create nail art with the polishes well beyond the initial moment of purchase/ownership/happy dance. The polishes are necessary in order to make a nail masterpiece (and plenty of failed attempts, as well). But how many is enough?

I guess the answer is pretty simple. There's never enough...polish in my collection or money in my account to pay for that much polish. It requires a delicate balance that is difficult to find, especially when there are so many glitters and flakies that are so very, very tempting.

I am addicted to the beauty of nail polish and I'm not in any hurry to find a cure. Are you?

2 comments:

  1. I love knowing that I am not the only one! You have a fabulous blog and thank you for the comment you left on mine! I look forward to reading your posts!


    http://thelacquerfactor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We need to stick together, us lovely lacquerheads. lol :)

      Delete