Saturday, January 28, 2012

Sideways Marble


It’s a snowy Saturday here in Michigan, which means it’s a perfect day to cozy up in my nail nook and do some nail art! I’ve set my little studio up in my upstairs guest bedroom, where it gets very warm and toasty. When I leave my little haven after hours of mani bliss, I nearly freeze in the rest of my house. This may become a problem this summer, however, when I am not relishing the comfort of the cozy heat!

On to my mani! I have been doing marbling and I thought I would stick with it again. This one is a bit different because I pulled the colors sideways instead of up and down. I wanted to see if I could achieve a different effect this time.

I used all China Glaze polishes: Up All Night for the base color, and then I added Light As Air and Fairy Dust. I put on one coat of Up All Night and let it dry first. Then I applied another light coat of Up All Night over my entire nail, a strip of Light As Air, and a strip of Fairy Dust. With the polish still wet, I quickly (and very lightly) pulled the polish with a tiny brush back and forth from side to side.

This is how my mani turned out! 



Hopefully that makes sense~ I was pretty happy with the end result. This is the first time I tried marbling with a brush (rather than a dotting tool) and I really preferred it. What do you think? Have you tried this technique before?
I hope you enjoyed & Happy Lacquering!  

4 comments:

  1. this turned out great! i love this effect! i'll have to try it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this I am going to have to try this too!

    ReplyDelete